Management Buy-Ins arise where a management team which does not currently work for a business identifies the opportunity to acquire it. Typically successful management buy-ins result from the incoming team having a strong track record in the sector of the target business and by applying their experience and sector skills to improve the target business.
However, the process of a management buy-in can be complex, can involve a number of parties, and can be very time-consuming. At the same time, there might be other parties interested in acquiring the target company, so getting the right advice will maximise your chances of a successful outcome.
How we can help you
If you are contemplating a management buy-in you will need professional support from an organisation with extensive experience of the management buy-in and acquisition process. We can help you in the following ways:
- We can work with you to carry out detailed research to produce a list of possible acquisition targets
- We can approach potential vendors and obtain the information to allow us to work with you to value the target company and formulate an offer to the existing shareholders
- We can assist you to assess and design the optimal financial structure and financial sources for your business
- We can help you to produce the business plan and financial forecasts which will be required by external funders
- We can use our contacts with debt, equity and mezzanine providers to introduce your business and to optimise your chances of successfully raising the finance you require, including negotiating the right terms with these parties
- We can help to project manage the fundraising round to a successful completion, assisting with negotiations throughout, and co-ordinating other professional advisers
- We can introduce appropriate tax advice to structure the acquisition.